Wednesday 4 December 2013

Nepal, what next?

Begnas Lake near Pokhara, Nepal ©Solange Hando



After 14 fabulous visits, what next? I thought of volunteer work but then came the TV report on orphanages set up by unscrupulous entrepreneurs and I almost had second thoughts.
But all things considered, only two homes were mentioned, out of 500+ in the Kathmandu valley alone, and myriad memories came flooding back...

the wonderful scenery, mountains and lakes, the people, the welcome, the prayer wheels, the Buddhist flags, the porters singing along the trails -hard work but they love to sing and dance, so I'm going back next autumn.

Prayer Flags in Kathmandu ©Solange Hando



Perhaps, after a few hours in the orphanage, I'll meet some of my friends, like this lady who just popped out of her shop in Dulikhel...


Dulikhel near Kathmandu ©Solange Hando

Or I'll go to Bodhnath, my favourite temple on the outskirts of Kathmandu.
Bodhnath in Kathmandu ©Solange Hando

It's in the Tibetan district and I'll tell you more about it next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment