Saturday 12 May 2018

Alsace Favourite Village, images of Kaysersberg

The river Weiss in Kaysersberg ©Solange Hando

Nestling among the vineyards of Alsace on the eastern slopes of the Vosges mountains, Kayserberg was voted favourite village of the French in 2017.

Population is under 3,000 but such a charming place is sure to attract visitors for much of the year.


Relaxing al fresco ©Solange Hando

Colourful half-timbered buildings, balconies and archways, flowers everywhere, you could just while away the time, dining on fresh asparagus and three kinds of ham, with a glass of local wine.



Welcome, says the gingerbread man ©Solange Hando

Gingerbread is special all around Alsace and particularly appreciated during the famous Christmas markets. Kaysersberg is said to have one of the best.

This was also the home of Nobel Peace Prize winner, Albert Schweitzer (1875-1967), and you can visit his museum in the village.


  Medieval charm ©Solange Hando

You can't deny it, this lovely village has deserved its award, sprinkled with so many architectural gems, from the Renaissance townhall, to all things medieval, houses, fortified bridge of pink granite, Constantin fountain, upper gate tower or the remains of the castle up on the hill.


Kaysersberg ©Solange Hando

Best overall view of the village is from the road going up the hill (to the Bonhomme mountain pass). Trees have grown on the parking space but just walk down a few minutes and enjoy the view. Most people visit for a day but evenings are delightful, quieter and truly romantic. 



Cherry Blossom in Kaysersberg ©Solange Hando






13 comments:

  1. This is an excellent post I seen thanks to share it. It is really what I wanted to see hope in future you will continue for sharing such a excellent post

    Beijing Packages Tours

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. I was once checking constantly this weblog and I'm impressed! Extremely useful information specially the closing part. I maintain such information much. I was once seeking this specific information for a very long time. Many thanks and best of luck.


    Hangzhou city tours

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very informative and useful historical post. I see you have a lot of other cool stuff available at your website, simply bookmarking it to check in spare time. Thanks and keep the good work up.

    Hangzhou Impression Westlake Show

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post. I was once checking constantly this weblog and I'm impressed! Extremely useful information specially the closing part. I maintain such information much. I was once seeking this specific information for a very long time. Many thanks and best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just wanted to say thank you for sharing a great information and useful. it really necessary and timely for me at this time. I've read a lot of blogs and visit but they made me feel boring. Your article made me feel strange and fascinating it attracted me. I wanted to share this information with my friends on the social network facebook.!

    Beijing China Tours

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post. I was once checking constantly this weblog and I'm impressed! Extremely useful information specially the closing part. I maintain such information much. I was once seeking this specific information for a very long time. Many thanks and best of luck.


    Shanghai Hangzhou Tour

    ReplyDelete

  7. I am not sure where you're getting your info, but great topic. I needs to spend some time learning more or understanding more. Thanks for magnificent information I was looking for this info for my mission.


    Hangzhou Tour Guide

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing this amazing blog with us and also keep sharing like this.
    hotels iowa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you need a Bank account or credit card loader? clear criminal records or online publications? hack or recover emails, websites or social media accounts (whatsapp, facebook, twitter, instagram, snapchat)? Recover or Hack iPhone itunes account? Upgrade credit score or school grades? Western Union, Money Gram, PayPal Transfer Bitcoin, Credit cards etc contact Media hacker, he is the man for the job He helped me out of loan mess sometimes ago and I i can't just keep mute about his hacking ability. Contact him through his email BESTAPPSHACKERS@GMAIL.COM OR MESSAGE HIM ON WHATSAPP +16026094730

    ReplyDelete